Detection Instrumentation & Monitors
Detection products from 3M are rugged, reliable instrumentation and software systems that detect, monitor, measure, evaluate and report occupational and environmental health and safety hazards.
Particulate and Air Monitors
The EVM Series of 3M™ Monitors, monitor both particulates and air quality in one compact instrument. This durable, easy to use model provides simultaneous worksite area monitoring of:
- Particulate mass concentrations (0.1-10 um)
- Select volatile organic compounds
- Relative humidity
- Carbon dioxide
- Select toxic gases
- Air velocity (with purchase of optional accessory)
View all monitors
EVM-7 Particulate & Air Monitor
- Simultaneous measurement of particulate and gas concentrations
- Dial-in rotary impactor
- Built-in sampling pump for gravimetric analysis
- External temperature and relative humidity sensor helps ensure accurate readings
EVM-4 Indoor Air Monitor
- Multi-sensor instrument designed for indoor air quality investigations.
- Toxic Gas (choose from nine sensors)
- Relative Humidity
- Carbon Dioxide
- Temperature air exchange rates and dew
EVM-3 Particulate Monitor
Specializes in real-time direct reading of particulate concentrations. EVM-3 measures:
- Particulates (mass concentration)
- Relative Humidity
View EVM air monitors
Personal noise dosimeters help Industrial Hygiene and Safety Professionals monitor noise exposure efficiently, and provide tools to empower worker self management of noise exposure. intrinsically safe and data logging models are available.
The Edge eg5
- 3 dosimeters and data logging/time history. The 3rd dosimeter is enabled using new DMS software from 3M.
- Intrinsically safe dosimeter offers simultaneous C- and A-weighted measurements.
The Edge eg4
- Dual dosimeters and data logging/time history.
View noise dosimeters
The Detection Portfolio from 3M offers a wide range of sound level meters from basic to advanced. Available in Class 1 and Class 2 models, these instruments feature large screen display. Most offer real-time frequency analysis, and data storing capabilities that make it easy to post-process and evaluate workplace noise levels.
3M™ Sound Examiner SE-400
- Computes the average sound pressure level (LEQ/LAVG) over the run time.
- Variable, user-selectable data logging intervals.
- User-determined measurement parameters.
- Long battery life.
- All models ship ready-touse, no setup necessary.
3M™ SoundPro™ Sound Level Meters SE/DL
- ANSI & IEC standards
- Class 1 or Class 2
- Two "virtual" sound level meters
- Concurrent A- and C-weighted measurements
- Programmable and level triggered start and stop A, C, and Z (flat) frequency weighting
View sound level meters
Heat Stress Monitors
Heat stress prevention begins with the accurate measurement and analysis of heat stress in the workplace. The series of 3M™ QUESTemp° Heat Stress Monitors provide safety professionals with the durable, easy-to-use instrumentation needed to measure and analyze heat stress related exposure levels.
From manufacturing to military applications, there is a QUESTemp° heat stress monitor for your application.
Waterless Web Bulb
QUESTemp° heat stress monitors 44/46/48N utilize a waterless wet bulb sensor. A humidity sensor and an algorithm perform the calculation of WBGT values, eliminating the need for daily wet bulb maintenance.
Optional Air Probe
The QT36 Series of QUESTemp° heat stress monitors are designed to quickly and accurately evaluate potential heat stress environments. Optional air probe accessory for calculation of PMV/PPD thermal comfort indices.
These personal monitors are compact in size with belt or pocket attachment for convenience. 3M™ E-A-R™ Earlink, covers ear canal sensor for comfortable warning if deep body core temperatures are reached. They also have minute-by-minute data logging and are intrinsic safety certified.
View heat stress monitors