How does it work?
Tegaderm Matrix dressing is appropriate to be used on the following wounds, following the TIME concept,
- pressure ulcers
- venous leg ulcers
- diabetic foot ulcers
Method of Application
- Cleanse the wound according to local guidelines / protocols.
- Apply Tegaderm Matrix dressing directly to the wound ensuring intimate contact is made with wound bed. Tegaderm Matrix dressing may be cut to fit the wound. Folding the dressing is also acceptable practice. Overlaying on surrounding skin will not harm the skin or affect tissue integrity.
- Always apply a secondary dressing to Tegaderm Matrix dressing to maintain a moist wound healing environment:
- for moderate to high exuding wounds : 3M™ Tegaderm™ Foam Dressing (adhesive or non-adhesive)
- for low to non exuding wounds : 3M™ Tegaderm™ Film Dressing
- To protect the peri-wound use 3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film at each dressing change.
- At dressing change remove secondary dressing and gently lift Tegaderm Matrix dressing away from the wound.
- In wounds where exudate levels have significantly diminished Tegaderm Matrix dressing may be moistened to aid gentle removal.
- If desiccation has occurred review secondary dressing suitability.